A Mission Opportunity for ALL of Aldersgate!
Aldersgate is joining forces with Rise Against Hunger on Sunday, September 10! We will worship and serve God with our hands and our feet! Worship will begin in the Sanctuary at 10:00 am and we will journey to the Epworth Gym to start packaging meals at 10:30 am. We will pack 10,000 meals for people who are hungry around the world! Aldersgate believes in partnering and equipping ALL generations to serve God through partnering with Rise Against Hunger to create a hunger-free world.
What is Rise Against Hunger?
Rise Against Hunger, an international humanitarian organization, is growing a global movement to end hunger by empowering communities, nourishing lives and responding to emergencies. With locations across the U.S. and five international offices, the organization provides immediate nourishment for those facing hunger today and implements sustainable solutions that will lift entire communities for years to come. Rise Against Hunger has facilitated volunteer meal packaging of more than 540 million meals to be distributed to countries around the world.
How can I participate?
Rise Against Hunger has opportunities for all ages and abilities!
When we arrive in the Epworth Gym, there will be an opportunity to choose a “volunteer position” for the meal packaging event including:
- Meal packet filling stations for adults and youth who are tall. (standing).
- Weigh stations and sealing stations for adults who are limited in mobility. (sitting).
- Runners can be adults, youth, and children who move the packets to different locations in the room. (walking/moving).
- Box packaging stations to fill each case with completed meal packets can use adults, youth, and children. (moving, counting).
- Re-supply and truck loading stations can use adults or youth who can lift up to 50 pounds. (standing, lifting).
All participants must follow FDA requirements including wearing hair nets and gloves which will be provided by Rise Against Hunger.
Please wear clothing that you can comfortably move around in.
There is a volunteer position for anyone who is willing to pitch in for the day!
What is the schedule for the day?
9:00 am: Sunday School
10:00-10:20 am: Worship in the Sanctuary
10:30 am – 12:00 noon (approx): Rise Against Hunger packaging event in the Epworth Gym